In international scientific journals, she has published over 200 articles on models and algorithms for the optimization of transport, logistics and supply chain management.
- Since May 2020, she has been a Member of the Board of Directors and a Member of the Committee for Sustainability and the Territory of A2A S.p.A.
- Since April 2020 committee member, Fondazione Nocivelli
- Since May 2019 committee member, Fondazione Comunità Bresciana
- 2009-2010: Visiting Professor at the London School of Economics, London
- 1994: Full Professor at the Faculty of Economics and Business (now the Department of Economics and Management) of Brescia University.
- 1990-1994; Associate Professor at the Faculty of Economics and Business at Brescia University.
- 1987 - 1999: Associate Professor at the Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences of Udine University.
- 1983 – 1987: University Researcher at the Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences of Milan University.
Positions held at Brescia University
- 2016-2020: Prealector.
- 2002-2008: Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business (since 2005, a member of the Council of the Conference of Deans of Economics Faculties).
- 2001-2002: Chair of the Council of the Degree Course in Economics and information and communication management.
- 2000-2002: Prealector.
- 1998-2000: President of the Research Council.
Scientific associations: positions held
- Chair, IFORS (International Federation of Operations Research Societies), 2019-2021
- Chair, TSL (Transportation Science and Logistic) society of INFORMS (The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences), 2014
- Chair, EURO, the Association of European Operational Research Societies, 2011-2012
Other positions held
- Chair, committee for the "Robert M. Herman Lifetime Achievement Award", 2011
- Chair, committee for the "EURO Excellence in Practice Award", 2010
- President, jury for the “EURO Gold Medal”, 2018
- Committee member, ERC Consolidation Grants, 2020
- Committee member, INRIA (France), 2018
- Committee member, ETH (Zurich), 2021
- Scientific Advisory Board member, INESC TEC (Porto), 2020
- Honorary degree, University of Fribourg (Switzerland), 2019
- Member of the Accademia delle Scienze (Academy of Sciences), Bologna, Italy, since 2021
- Honorary fellowship at the Department of Management Science and Technology, Athens University of Economics and Business, since 2010
- Inclusion as one of the 100 best researchers in the STEM areas of study at https://100esperte.it/ and in the book '100 donne contro gli stereotipi per la scienza' (100 women against stereotypes for science), Egea, 2017.
Download CV (pdf)